Bala is a seasoned technology leader with a great track record of Building Organizational capability and creating value through technology enabled business transformation with proven Expertise & Leadership in devising and effectuating policies aimed at building and managing multinational Captive’s – Global Capability Centers in Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Software Development, Telecom, Higher Education functions and successfully managed multiple Merger & Acquisitions and Joint ventures globally in the field of technology centers of BFSI and Higher Education functions.
Presently Bala is Founder & CEO, STRATINFINITY INC, a global consulting firm in USA, UK & India. Apart from this Bala is a General Partner at Pontaq UK and Board Director, Advisor & Principal GCC evangelist at Changepond Technology Pvt Ltd, FIIANALYTICS Technology Pvt Ltd, ZEROCODE Innovations Pvt Ltd, Visionaize AI, Silicon Valley US, Edsix Brainlab Pvt Ltd and Thinkinfinity Technology and Consulting Pvt Ltd,
Bala is having two decades of experience in the IT industry; and worked with multiple MNC including Citibank, Polaris, Dun & Bradstreet USA, TransUnion USA. Bala was a founder Director of HigherOne India NYSE listed financial service company and Founder Managing Director of Blackboard Inc USA, a world’s largest education technology company serving 120 million students covering 20000+ Universities across 90 countries in the world, Managing the R&D Center in India responsible for Product development using exponential technology. Bala has closely Interacted with the Higher Education Students, Faculty members and Directors of Universities and Colleges globally, establishing the student’s success by providing Software application for assessments of students and faculty members. He is a successful transformational
leader in building technology and product engineering centers in India to the global organizations.
Bala was instrumental in building the CIBIL (Indian Credit Bureau) and the Credit Bureau of Sri Lanka, Egypt, UAE- Dubai and Nigeria. He was instrumental in building the captive company’s ecosystem (MNC companies) in the State of Tamil Nadu.
Apart from the professional accomplishments above, Bala was instrumental in the Technology Initiatives of Govt of Tamilnadu and building the Tech Captive Global company eco system in the State of Tamilnadu. Bala played key role in various technology Initiatives of Tamil Nadu Police department. Bala works closely with Ministry of Education & MeITY, Government of India on multiple assignments on an honorary and advisory role including the following:
- Chairman, Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Sricity) Ministry of Education, Govt
- of India
- Member CYCORD – Ministry of Home, Govt of India
- Executive Committee Member, CDE – Anna University, Chennai.
- Board Director, Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development (CIEDI) by MeITY,
- Govt of India
- Member of NETF, Ministry of Education, Govt of India
- National Board of Advisor, MSME & Startup Forum- Bharat.
- Chairman of NASSCOM GCC council & Member of GCC National Council between 2017-2019.
- Vice Chairman of NASSCOM GCC council for TN and Kerala between 2015-2017.
- Member Board of Studies, Ramanujam Institute of Mathematics, University of Madras.
- Bala was a Senate member at Madurai Kamarajar University., appointed by His Excellency
- Governor of Tamilnadu.
- National Cyber Security and HR committee member of AMCHAM (2015-2020).
- Committee Member, HR, Education & Skills Development, CII – TN Region (2016-2019)
Apart from his Graduation and Post-Graduation in Management from Madras University, he has also an alumnus from IIM-Kolkata, PG in AI/ML from University of Texas, and Executive Program in Global Mergers &. Acquisitions from Imperial College of London. His areas of interest include all cutting-edge technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Block Chain and Data Analytics and passionate towards building the Industry-Academia collaboration that paves way for Outcome Based Education, Setting up new Captive center (R&D) and any initiative to raise India to be the world’s digital society.