Franchise Tax Board of California
Selvi Stanislaus was appointed the Executive Officer of the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) on January 11, 2006.
As FTB’s fourth Executive Officer and the first woman to hold this position, Selvi oversees the second-largest tax department in the nation, with more than 6,500 employees in California and its three out-of-state offices in New York, Chicago and Houston.
Under Selvi’s Leadership, the FTB has:
- Successfully launched the Enterprise Data to Revenue (EDR) Project. The project’s one-time costs were approximately $522 million with over $5.1 billion in revenue collected by the FTB for the State of California.
- Launched a new, streamlined version of FTB’s public website focused on an improved user experience.
- Enhanced MyFTB, a FTB website tool that provides taxpayers and representatives access to more tax information, new self-service options, and an improved platform for communicating.
- FTB effectively administered new tax programs such as the California Earned Income Tax Credit and Young Child Tax Credit which provide refundable (cash-back) credits for qualified lower income working Californians.
RECOGNITION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- The United States Internal Revenue Service Commissioner’s Award (2006)
- The Government Technology Conference (GTC) Award for Innovation and Leadership (2008)
- The California Society of Enrolled Agents President’s Award for Excellence as a Leader (2009)
- The Asian Pacific State Employees Association President’s Award (2010)
- Selected as Top 25, Doers, Dreamers and Drivers in the United States by the publication Government Technology (2010)
- Outstanding Public Administrator in State Government Award (2013)
- National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) State Technology Innovator Award (2013)
- Leadership Award for Excellence in Project Delivery – State IT Project Delivery Summit (2014)
- Executive Woman Award by the National Association of Women Business Owners (2016)
Selvi is an Adjunct Professor at “King Hall”, University of California, Davis where she teaches “State and Local Taxation”.
She is also an Adjunct Professor in the Business School, California State University, Sacramento, where she teaches in the Executive MBA and International MBA programs.
Selvi is an Attorney from Sri Lanka and a member of the California State Bar. She holds a Doctor of Juris Prudence Degree and a LL.M. Degree from the McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific.